Monday, April 23, 2007

Random preperation updates

So, we haven't completely sealed the deal yet, but it's looking like I have someone lined up to sublet my room over the summer. Will be quite a relief to have that squared away!


Don't think I mentioned it on here, but a few weeks back, I managed to break my little mini-pump. Took a long time to finally get it boxed up and in the mail, but about a week after getting it sent out, there was a box on my porch from Crank Brothers with a brand new one! Yay for lifetime warranties! Unfortunately, this one doesn't seem to work quite as well as the old one did - topped off a tire earlier today and couldn't get it to make a completely airtight seal for some reason. Got the tire pumped up (quickly,) will have to do some more investigation on that tomorrow.

Ordered a copy of Bicycling Coast to Coast, it's a bit outdated but it appears to be the most current guidebook type thing for the route. It's strange to me that there's not a more current guidebook given how many people must do the route every year. Doubt that I'll actually take the book along as the maps seem to be thorough enough, but I figure it's at least worth checking out.

Ended up chatting with my friend Jeff up at CU today, picked up some good bits of information and got even a little more excited about getting started! Jeff and his fiance rode the transamerica route in 2005 and have been a good source of information to me. Thanks again!

18 days left in Boulder, then travel time!

No comments:

Hit Counter Hits since 5/4/2007
 

Last Update:

Distance4432.7mi
Advertised~4250mi
Flats11
Squirrels1
Crashes1.2
States10